AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE Select Technology
This Bind-N-Fly® Basic model features a Spektrum receiver integrated with AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) technology to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence for the remarkable sense of stability and precision larger, expertly tuned aircraft enjoy.
If this is your first scale model or would like an extra margin of safety while getting familiar with the airplane, optional SAFE® Select flight protection can be enabled. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select features enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These keep the aircraft from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during takeoff and landing.
- Instantly returns the wings to level when the sticks are released.
Easy Switch Assignment-No Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
Needed to Complete
- Full-range, 6+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® with Adjustable Dual Rates
- 2200-3000mAh 3S Li-Po flight battery
- Suitable Li-Po battery charger
What’s in the box?
- (1) E-flite Clipped Wing Cub BNF Basic
- (1) Spektrum AR636A Receiver
- (1) E-Flite 40A ESC
- (1) E-flite 10-Size Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (4) Spektrum 9-Gram Micro Servos
- (1) User Manual
Functional Scale Detail
Cub lovers will appreciate the intricate detail of the exposed engine cylinders and cooling baffles. But what sets this scale park flyer apart is the functional shock-absorbing landing gear that articulates with concealed springs and is finished off with matching strut covers and fitted wheel pants. In addition, you get top-access for battery installation that maintains the scale outline and allows you to install the flight battery quickly.
The power system features a high-speed 10-size brushless outrunner, a robust 40-amp ESC and a 2-blade propeller that combine with your 2200-3000mAh 3S LiPo battery to deliver thrust that helps this Clipped Wing Cub perform well beyond the basic aerobatics flight envelope with ease.
Construction with durable EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail in a lightweight form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and allows the most satisfying flight experience possible to shine through.
Fold Away Wing Struts
The wing features a rigid, one-piece design that connects to the fuselage with just a single screw. The aluminum struts lock into position with quick-release hardware and fold away into clips at the wing center section for storage and transport.
You can turn this classic into a fun float plane simply by adding the optional Float Set (Sold Separately). All it takes is the turn of a few screws and you can enjoy the serenity of flying from the local pond or lake.
As an E-flite Bind-N-Fly Basic RC replica, you can enjoy air superiority in no time at all. The Clipped Cub BNF Basic is equipped with Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that’s ready to bind to a 5+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter so you can be ready to fly within minutes of opening the box.